Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Xpress m2070w

I have followed the WiFi direct printer instructions for connecting to my WiFi network and cannot connect to the network

when using the mobile printing app it says device not found 

any ideas for WiFi setup ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rj821

I cannot find any information to suggest that your Samsung printer supports WiFi Direct.  WiFi Direct is a particular type of wireless connection used between the printer and the computer without using a network router.

Specifications and the User Guide indicate the printer supports wired Ethernet and standard Wireless.

There are a number of "how-to" documents available to help you connect the printer to your network.

See the list:

How to > Topic Wireless, Networking & Internet > Subject list Wireless Connections & Networking

Hint:  Choose your document(s) / help based on your Operating System (Windows or Mac OS).

Examples include (and are not limited to):

Matching articles for selected topic

Reference and Resources - Places to find information and help for your printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

Samsung Xpress SL-M2070W Laser Multifunction Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you 

I have looked at the help guides but it still isn’t connecting. I am using the control panel and on my model under “ network “ there is no option for WLAN only WiFi Direct or WiFi Signal or WiFi default or WPS

the other options under network are protocol manager , network conf. , clear settings or TCP/IP 

how do I get to wizard setup without using a laptop

HP Recommended

@Rj821

You are welcome.

AND..

My apologies for wasting your time.

Everything (anything) I know about a Samsung printer is based on reading the same documentation to which you have access.  Nothing I can offer will differ in any significant way from what you have found in How to  and Troubleshooting   and that assumes I don't miss something important.

In point of fact:

• I have never seen a Samsung printer.
  • In general, the Wireless connection is set up when installing the appropriate Full Solution Software for your (unknown) Operating System and Version.   When needed, it is recommended the printer Firmware is updated, too.  If similar to the HP setup, the firmware is updated after the printer software is successfully installed.
  • After not finding the function listed in the Specifications > Network environment ,  I missed that the printer might support WiFi Direct (direct wireless from printer to computer using the printer's wifi radio and no network router) as described in the User Guide (Page 157).

From Troubleshooting > Wireless, Networking & Internet:

Troubleshooting Windows network connection issues

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.