Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Changed toner cartridges on colour LaserJet M252DW printer now get a single clunk sound each time it starts printing Only occurs with single or first page of multiple page print job

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can probably find a repair manual online for a few $.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If you are using a remanufactured non-original toner that can cause strange sound.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Using same brand of non-OEM cartridges that have been using since buying printer 10 years ago. This just started when changed cartridges today

HP Recommended

Your newly installed cartridge might be defective, try with the different one if you have.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Just replaced all new cartridges individually & collectively with old ones still get noise

HP Recommended

It could be the toner engaging or paper lifting mechanism got out of alignment.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

How does one check / realign these?

HP Recommended

You need to locate the source of sound first, disassemble the printer and examine why that sound happens. It could be that 2 gears got out of their position, and they need to be in a specific position.

It's complicated to explain better, that printer is a pain to disassemble.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Are there any schematics / drawings of the M252DW available? It sounds like a job for another day when I have more time. In the meantime, hopefully it doesn't break. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

You can probably find a repair manual online for a few $.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.