Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet PRO 200

My HP LaserJet PRO 200 Color MFP M276nw won't finish booting.  The progress bar get to about 25-30% and then stops.  I tried to do a factory reset, by holding the bottom left corner of the touchscreen while powering up, and waiting until the "Permanent storage init." message appears.  Then when I let go of the touchscreen, nothing happens.  The HP and Energy Star logos are still on the screen as well as the "Permanent storage init." message.  I've left this for quite a while and still nothing happens. I've tried this several different times and again nothing happens.   Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try to send firmware through usb port to see if it can be saved or not.

If it won't then you'll need to replace the formatter.

If M276 won't come to ready you'll not be able to send firmware when it's this case you can take the right cover off then there're two pins beside of the usb port or somewhere. Find them out and just short circuit then power on M276 and you'll see "Ready to download..." on the screen, now you can send firmware.

When sending firmware through  usb you may need to change the usb connected port from printer properties if there're usb001 002 003....., you'll need to find out which one is the correct one which connected to M276.

When finding which usb port is the real one you only need to send firmware just one time and change from usb001 to 002 003 by just click the apply key.

When the right one selected you'll see something progressing on the screen.

After all these done if M276 still won't come to ready then the formatter needed to be replaced.

HP Recommended

What's in the pictures is HP CM1415's formatter not a M276 so it may look different.

It shows where those two pins are and hope it helps.

136783.jpg136784.jpg136785.jpg136786.jpg136787.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.