Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

@rioachim @HennieCoenders

I did an extensive check on the products. When you try to pull up the product on the HP support page using the product number(CE657A and CE658A) both product number pulls up HP LaserJet Pro P1102w printer

Please find the printer below with the product number.

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110303/docu... to check the printer specification. 

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Cool, more confusing info from HP. So Raj, if I show you that I have a P1102W printer which is model CE657A, with wireless, will you tell the controlled documents team to take that page and shove it up their...?
HP Recommended

@rioachim

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

thanks for your deep dives I really appreciate it,

but for me this is confusing too,

I really have the P1102W (readable on the front of the printer) and I bought it for wireless printing, used it wireless all the time.

It is product number CE657A (sticker on the back).

My question: (still is) when is going to make the right firmware for my model?

I can send you photo's of both the front as the back of the printer if you want.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@HennieCoenders,

I have sent you a private message for further course of action.

Have a great day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@HennieCoenders,

I have sent you a private message for further course of action.

Have a great day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi all,

The 'solved' problem (I don't know who gave it the status 'solved') is as followes:

No new firmware or wrong firmware delivered by HP for my printer. End message is call HP, same result!

Thanks for not solving!

HP Recommended

Hope This (MIGHT) shed a bit of light... I have a P1102w w/back sticker plate listing CE657A

on Firmware: 20130703 that will not take the new firmware.  

HP Document:  https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04720842
Document ID: c04720842

Version: 5
Notice:: The information in this security bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible.
Release date : 23-Nov-2018
Last updated : 23-Nov-2018

HPSBPI03360 rev.5 - HP LaserJet Printers and MFPs, HP OfficeJet Printers and MFPs, and HP JetDirect Networking cards using OpenSSL, Remote Disclosure of Information

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the document you will see the following revision history:

Rev 5, November 23, 2018: Changed the model number for HP LaserJet Pro P1102, w from CE651A, CE657A to CE651A, CE658A.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.