Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

The newest versions of Windows 10 will not load any of the HP4050, 4100, 4200 PLC drivers.  There is no choice for any older drivers with windows update.   I used to be able to substitute other drivers like HP 4, 5, 6, 4100, 4200.  not any more!   HP is making me buy a new Printer which is not necessary!!!   Need to print with Win 7 or 8 PCs now  This sucks!

HP Recommended

I would like to coroborate what Sandman7 has said. I was losing my mind not being able to install drivers directy from Windows Update with Laserjet 4050. If you see reports of success with this, they are generally long ago. I have been able to reproduce the problem on multiple Windows 10 computer so it has nothing to do with a glitch on an individual computer, it appears to be systemic and absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!

HP Recommended

Sorry, I do not have the 'Original' drivers but I have found that the Windows 10 driver for HP LaserJet 4250 PCL6 works with my 4050N.  None of the other variants seem to work.  Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the information.  Yes, it's working.  Thank you very much indeed.

HP Recommended

Are you sure you are installing these drivers on a completely up to date system? It seems as though it will work on unpatched Windows 10 but absolutely no go on current patch version (unless they have patched the patch that borked the driver install).

HP Recommended

Yes, I past the file to our ICT Support Officer, the installation was straightforward, and the printer functioned immediately.

HP Recommended

I tried the PCL6 varieties and all gave an illegal code an otherwise blank page when trying to do a test print page.

Perhaps the PS version will work better. I know PCL5 works best but that only seems to be win7 and older now, the 64 bit version of win 10 doesnt have PCL5 support anymore from what I saw.

HP Recommended

HP printers are not like they used to be, the 4050 seems to not want to die.   I bought a HP color 200 two years ago for my work and it's going on my home network so I can print.  My husband can use his desktop win 7 to print to the 4050 and that's it.  When this HP 200 dies, goodbye to HP, I'm done with them.

HP Recommended

Printer drivers on W 10 not working for HP4050. Not good.

HP Recommended

I could use a copy of the disk  edited**

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.