Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M452nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening folks.

I have a brand spanking new HP Color LaserJet Pro M452nw in the carton here in my kitchen.

Before I open it, I was wondering where I could find a document that shows and/or explains exactly how I'm supposed set the printer up (before power on or any configuration takes place.).

I'm assuming things are wrapped in plastic and such for shipping.

Like the cartridges and such.

You get the idea.

I tried the HP site and could not find anything specific to initial setup. (Lots on software docs but nothing on physically getting the printer ready for the first time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

These units ship pretty much read to go. Open the box and you will find a driver disk, power cord, possibly a USB cable and instructions. You remove the printer from the package, remove any tape that is on the exterior. Remove the paper tray and load with paper  and then insert the tray. There is nothing you need to do to the cartridges, they are preinstalled and ready to go. Power on the unit, follow the step by step instructions on the control panel and there you go.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@RayInWisconsin 

There are many manuals on the following link

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m452-series/7326532/model/7326533/manuals

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

These units ship pretty much read to go. Open the box and you will find a driver disk, power cord, possibly a USB cable and instructions. You remove the printer from the package, remove any tape that is on the exterior. Remove the paper tray and load with paper  and then insert the tray. There is nothing you need to do to the cartridges, they are preinstalled and ready to go. Power on the unit, follow the step by step instructions on the control panel and there you go.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I thank you. I'm new to all this and your link is most appreciated.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that information.

I'm gonna "open the box and let the light in" in the next hour or so.

Your information is good to know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.