Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet MFP M281cdw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have an ethernet network with two Macs. Neither Mac was connecting to the printer, so I tried deleting (and then adding) in the system prefs, but after deleting, neither Mac can even "see" that the printer is out there. All cables are good, as is the network.

BTW, I have another HP printer on the network...both computers can see this second printer just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Weird. I had checked all cables, and made sure everything was properly plugged in...everywhere...multiple times.

Still no-workee.

I swapped out 1 ethernet cable and everything worked. I swapped back out to the original cable, and everything still works.

Too weird.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Weird. I had checked all cables, and made sure everything was properly plugged in...everywhere...multiple times.

Still no-workee.

I swapped out 1 ethernet cable and everything worked. I swapped back out to the original cable, and everything still works.

Too weird.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.