Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet MFP M477fdw

Hi everyone

With one of our printers we had the problem that he printed the top left printed in nice distances on the left side again and again. It became less and less towards the bottom, so the cleaning pages couldn't help us, because the rolls weren't dirty.

Since we had no more guarantee, we went on the search for the cause. We took the whole printer apart (it was exciting and sometimes almost impossible!) and found a roll with this stain at the end.

I don't know if you can see it well on the picture, but somehow the plastic around the roll came off/burned in/burned away or something else.

Now my question: Do you know how this could happen? The printer was only in operation for a little more than two years.

Drucker_1.jpgDrucker_2.jpg

Drucker_4.jpg

I look forward to your answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See this often on this series. I have been successful in getting HP to replace the fuser in units like this, even out of warranty if the page count is very low, 40k or less. Anything above 100k is considered normal life for the fuser. The failures I have seen are nearly identical in shape and placement.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

See this often on this series. I have been successful in getting HP to replace the fuser in units like this, even out of warranty if the page count is very low, 40k or less. Anything above 100k is considered normal life for the fuser. The failures I have seen are nearly identical in shape and placement.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.