Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet CP1518ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After Firmware update the Printer CP1518ni no loger prints colors: only grayscales. The menu item on the printer to change this is no longer present.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reaction. I tried your reset method, but the printer stil does not show the possibility to change from color mode to non color mode.

But at the aother hand: I studied several solutions for the non color printing problem  in this community and tried some of them. Finaly I found, that Windows did not regognize the printer as a printer, but as an other device. After removing this other device and after re-installing the HP drivers, the problems seems to be gone.  The printer is printing colors gain. 
I donot know why, but enjoy it for the time being.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @Kapraol, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues printing color on your printer after updating the firmware.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Reset the printer
Follow these steps to reset the printer.
Press the Power switch to turn on the product.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 30 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
Press the Power switch to turn on the product.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot One or More Colors Missing on the Printout.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reaction. I tried your reset method, but the printer stil does not show the possibility to change from color mode to non color mode.

But at the aother hand: I studied several solutions for the non color printing problem  in this community and tried some of them. Finaly I found, that Windows did not regognize the printer as a printer, but as an other device. After removing this other device and after re-installing the HP drivers, the problems seems to be gone.  The printer is printing colors gain. 
I donot know why, but enjoy it for the time being.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.