Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi All, 

I just was given a HP Envy 5660 by my in-laws and got it  home, connected it and am trying to print but am having an issue.  I print a document and the printer starts to print, goes through the motion, seems like it is printing, spits out a piece of paper but there is no ink on the paper.  The display and diagnostics say that the ink is full and should work.  I have tried to reinstall the driver, cleaned the printer heads, pulled out the printer cartridges and reinstalled them with no luck. I try to print a test page and it does the same thing in that is acts like it is printing and spits a page out but it is blank.    I am sure it is something minor I am not doing but I'll take any all advice!!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have. 

-BB

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your printer is an inkjet printer. If the printer sits too long without printing, the printheads become clogged with dried ink. The printer Cleaning does little if the ink is dried too much. You can try to remove the printheads and soak the ends in warm water for a couple of hours to see if it will loosen the ink to allow it to work again, but more than likely you'll need to replace the printheads. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the idea.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.