Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
WidePage 77650
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Is it possible to rename the default Home Screen Icons?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I do not believe that you can rename the original icons but why not just create quicksets for the functions you want and give them the desired name and then move them to the home screen from the quickset folder and hide the original icons you do not want to see?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I agree quicksets are an option and I already have a few on the home screen.  I really need the ability to add a quick set that I can have staff Scan to OneDrive, or Scan to Google Drive.  I have not seen that in the quickset options.

HP Recommended

I do not see it either. I have a client that scans to a google drive but they have a hot folder on their server that is linked to their Googledrive so they use the scan to folder option. This might require an app to be installed to be able to do it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

We use Papercut MF, but some staff want the ability to print directly from either their google drive or onedrive.  I'm going to tell them it's not possible with current hardware and software.  

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.