Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Other

Hi There, 

Hope i could explain the issue we are experiencing. 

At the monitor of the CLX-6260 machine, here is what i could see in the SCAN > NETWORK PC > SELECT USER

Steve_1, Steve_2, Steve_3 are all referring to the same machine...

thumbnail_20190918_113433.jpg

It started out as only "STEVE_1"... all of a sudden, one day, the machine would scan the document, but it would not put the digital copy in the STEVE_1 computer/directory... We actually dont know where the scanned documents were saved...

SO what we did, I ran the EASY PRINTER MANAGER. Clicked on Advanced Setting. and clicked on SCAN TO PC SETTINGS. 

I disabled the "Scan Activation". CLick on SAVE

and then i ENABLED the "Scan Activation". Click on SAVE.

By this time, it would allow me to save the printer name as "STEVE_1".... so i saved the name as "STEVE_2"...

The scenario happened again.. and now I am now in STEVE_3 naming.

Does this kind of issue happened to anyone out there? Is there a way i could remove the "Steve_1" and "Steve_2" from the option in the CLX-6260 (Scan > Network PC > Select User)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.