Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an issue trying to change my "outgoing email profile" password in the EWS. I click on EDIT and then change my SMTP password and click save or save and test. In either case the password will not save and changes back to a previous password. I have tried several times with no luck. I also tried deleting and re-adding the "outgoing email profile" and still no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Wayne69

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try doing it from the software: https://support.hp.com/ph-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-500-color-mfp-m570/5210908/document/c03231533

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but your instructions just shows how to make the change which I already know. The issue is the change  (changing the email password in the EWS) will not save. When I change the outgoing email password and click save the password reverts back to what is was.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.