Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1108 Printer
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

this printer was working on my Windows pc for a month but now i have shifted to Mac

i have been unable to install it on my Mac.

1.i have tried installing the printer cd-disk provided but with no results

2.when i try to add this new printer in the printer and scanners windows, it asks for a driver.   i tried finding the driver on the hp website where i found a file named LJP1100_P1560_P1600_FW_Upgrade_20180302.dmg 

the problem is i am unable to install this driver file(it seems).

please help me to sort this issue as i am in urgent need of using my printer.

regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@guriii

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers & meet like minded tech enthusiasts! 

As I understand you are unable to install the laser jet printer on your MacOS,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Have you upgraded the printer firmware?
    • If not, please click here for steps on getting it done either from a windows based device or from the printer directly.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Let's start with a hard reset:

Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. A power reset can help when the printer is not accepting communication from the Mac.

1. Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 60 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button  to turn it on.

8. Try printing again and note what happens.

• If the printer prints, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If the print job becomes stuck again, continue to the next step.

Delete/Remove the version you've attempted to install on the device,

Then, Install the best available HP print driver and software on your Mac using Apple Software Update. Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network.

NOTE:

Since October 2016, HP printer software packages are no longer delivered through Apple Software Update. Visit 123.hp.com to download the latest HP software for your printer. Alternatively, if your printer supports Apple AirPrint, you do not need a driver to print from your Mac or iOS device. For more information, go to About AirPrint (in English).

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, Click here for more steps.

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off,

as I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.