Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Print Drivers
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

I ran into a problem with a cost recovery system that was not tracking my printing correctly, so the vendor asked that I turn off Mopier Mode. That fixed the problem, but they could not explain what Mopier is. I'm looking to get a better understanding on what is Mopier and what does it do? If anyone could help that would be great.

Thank you,

Hector

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Mopier refers to a type of mode that computer printers may be switched on to that only allows them to print one copy of a document at a time.This mode must be disabled if someone wants to print multiple copies of a document.

HP Recommended

I think that that mopier is a portmanteau word derived from "multiple original copy".

With this mode enabled, a printer can receive one copy of a document, and print multiple collated copies.

With this mode disabled, the printer must be sent multiple copies of the print document in order to print multiple collated copies.

To use mopier mode requires that the device has some means of storing the entire print job (the size of which may be many times the size of the printer's standard memory).

This usually implies that the device must have an internal hard disk (although a few models with large main memories can mopy relatively small documents by reserving a part of this memory as a RAM disk).

So for most printers (which do not have a hard disk) the option is not relevant, and the printer driver should be made aware of this by the mopier mode setting being disabled (either manually, or through an 'auto-discovery' mechanism). 

HP Recommended
To sum it up most HP printers should have mopier mode disabled in the driver settings.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I see I am late to the party, but here is a knowledge base article that adresses the issue.

https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/MopierMode

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.