Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing color pictures, _sometimes_ the image has stripes, about one inch wide -- horizontal to the image,

where the picture is lighter or darker.  Both lighter and darker stripes can appear on the same image.

The stripes are aways the same width, even on different pictures.

However the positions, relative to the top of the image, vary from image to image.

I don't think it has to do with the toner cartridges, because the stripes show up on landscape images printed full size on 8.5x11 paper.

note: both darker and lighter stripesnote: both darker and lighter stripes

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Do you get the stripes even when printing text documents? The two most common causes for lines like that are cartridge and transfer belt. When you have a transfer belt issue the stripes are typically multi-colored, where as a cartridge issue will show single color stripes. 

I have seen rare cases where the program and driver just did not get along. If you have not already, try the HP UPD (universal print driver) Post Script version as it sometimes does a better job of printing pictures.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion of the HP UPD driver.

I will chase that.

Mike

>  Do you get the stripes even when printing text documents?

Most documents work fine, either from my wife's Windows 10 or my Linux.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.