Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

hello to all,

i have hp color laserjet 2840, printing and copy blank, i change toner and drum but nothing !!! any idea ??? 

sorry for my bed english 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Try this test.

Printed page in after you get the blank page open the access door and see if you can move the carousel by hand.

If the carousel will rotate then the carousel latch is stuck.

The latch can be fixed by disassembling the solenoid and cleaning off some sticky residue from deteriorated foam and replacing it with a thin piece of material. I use really thin felt stickers from a dollar store.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Try this test.

Printed page in after you get the blank page open the access door and see if you can move the carousel by hand.

If the carousel will rotate then the carousel latch is stuck.

The latch can be fixed by disassembling the solenoid and cleaning off some sticky residue from deteriorated foam and replacing it with a thin piece of material. I use really thin felt stickers from a dollar store.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

Are there any instructions or better yet a video on how to do this?  I'm expreiencing the same issue.  Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Google: hp 2840 solenoid

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.