Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro MFP m277dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

PDF docs and MS office docs keep printing double sided and I cannot turn off.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ewilliamboehmle

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

I believe we can disable two sided printing from the print dialogue window. Here is how to do it:

1.) Open the document you want to print, click File, click Print, and then click Show Details, if necessary.

2.) Click Layout in the unnamed print options menu at the center of the dialog. Click Two-Sided and select Off.

3.) Click Print.

To save your settings for future print jobs, click the Presets menu, and then select Save Current Settings as Preset. Once the print job is complete, these settings will be set as default for future print jobs until you select a new preset or change settings. 

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ATTEMPTED TO FOLLOW SOLUTION CAREFULLY.  

I NEVER SAW "SHOW DETAILS"

I COULD NOT BRING UP THE PRINT DIALOG WINDOW.

COULD MY PROBLEM BE THAT THE HP SOFTWARE IS CORRUPTED?

HP Recommended

@ewilliamboehmle

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of the print dialogue window.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a screenshot of the print dialog window, but don't know how to send it to Senan6806.  No "paperclip" evident for attaching the screenshot.  The screenshot shows that the double sided printing is turned off.  Goting further to settings and layout, that also shows the doublesided turned off.  Seems to be no way to change those settings.

@senan6806 wrote:

@ewilliamboehmle

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of the print dialogue window.

HP Recommended

@ewilliamboehmle

If its still printing two sided even after disabling the two sided option under Layout menu, then it could be an issue with the printer driver installed on your Mac. 

Removing the existing printer driver and setting up the printer with Apple AirPrint may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with it's software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.