Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laserJet Pro M404-M405
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the Laser Jet Pro m404-m405 model with a 3rd tray installed. I'm trying to print from Adobe Acrobat DC and my document includes both 8 1/2 x 11 and 8 1/2 x 14 pages. At first setup, I was able to print the whole document and it would automatically select the proper page sizes when printing utilizing both trays accordingly. After the 3rd time printing it has failed to select the right page sizes. I tried printing the same document and still no success. I haven't been able to find any solution for this issue. I'm using HP envy laptop with windows 10, 11th gen I7 processor. Please let me know what settings need to be changed. I was successful with "fit" and "choose paper source by PDF size" both checked, trays are configured to the proper paper size on the printer app and printer menu on the printer. Keeping everything the same though, it stopped performing this operation successfully.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.