cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Manii
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Best2serve.com does not send the HP recovery DVDs that i paid for. Please help

HP Recommended

Bonjour,

I have lost my operating system i needed the HP based Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 recovery DVDs. I went to HP website, and transfered me to Best2Serve website. I thought if HP (indirectly) recommends this website than it would be authentic. I made the transaction. After following up for two weeks i found that neither the website give a phone number, and neither the CONTACT section works. Infact when i sent the message, it came back to my email address with an error. Following is the error:

-----Original Message-----

From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@blush-vp-mx3.localdomain]

Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 5:49 PM

To: <text deleted>

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host blush-vp-mx3.localdomain.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<sapos_emea_en@mail.support.hp.com>: host smtp2.hp.com[15.216.28.50] said: 554

5.7.1 <text deleted>: Sender address rejected: This hotmail.com mail

didn't really arrive via a hotmail.com mail server (in reply to RCPT TO

command)

I panicked and start searching the HP contacts. I enountered two ways to communicate the HP my problem:

1) Online Chat: Three times i had chat with HP tecnichians and the chat always ended with giving me HP help line numbers in France. I tried on the numbers and they HP help told me to wait. "One day they will come."

2) Email: I sent Three email but despite HP claim that they respond in 24 hours, its been 2-3 weeks that i am waiting for the response.

Finally after a long search, i found one address help@best2serve.com  . I sent email requesting information and they responded. But after sometime i understood that they responded to buy time. They never send me any revovery dvds. These are the email, showing what kind of people they are:

I did not received the DVD yet. It’s been Four weeks now. So I am going after Best2Serve and I will take all the actions that are necessary to claim my money back. Thanks for stealing my money. Bye SalmanFrom: Salman Khan <text deleted>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:05 PM
To: 'best2serve'
Subject: RE: Delivery Problem Order No 00699043

I am still waiting for your answer.

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 12:41 PM
Subject: Delivery Problem Order No 00699043
 Despite of so many reminders,  Best2Serve had convinced me that there is no DVDs and I am made to run after ghost DVDs. I request you to please return the sum of Euros 38.27 to my account since you have failed to complete the contract. If my money is not transmitted back to my account, I will have no choice but to proceed with the following actions: i)                    I will file the case of nonpayment and fraud against Best2Serve with my credit card company.ii)                   I will transfer and copy-paste all the email that happened between us on HP Blog(within the category of Recovery Disks), so that everyone is fully aware of the consequences of making any transaction with Best2Serve.iii)                 I will file a case against the Best2Serve with HP(strongly recommending to remove the Best2serve link from their website on the basis of fraud)iv)                 I will call and take the regional (France) HP support centers to take the matter with your company (or whatever)v)                  And finally, I will make sure that Best2Serve is enlisted in the category of internet companies that comes under the title of fraud,  non-delivery based websites. Looking forward to your response. Salman Khan.From: Salman Khan <text deleted>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 2:05 PM
Subject: Delivery Problem Order No 00699043
 I am without my computer for the last 22 days and therefore I am desperately waiting for the recovery DVDs. Can you please tell me the details of the EXPRESS MAIL (the agency, tracking number, shipment details) that you mentioned in your previous mail so that I can track the delivery via internet. If are not able to give me any information, at least tell me how many more days I have to wait. Finally, the origin on the recovery DVDs are Europe. It shouldn’t take more than 3 days for ordinary post to arrive? Thank You Salman Khan From: Sam <text deleted>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:34 PM
Subject: RE: Delivery Problem 699043

Dear Sir/ Madame,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am without my computer for the last 22 days and therefore I am desperately waiting for the recovery DVDs. Can you please tell me the details of the EXPRESS MAIL (the agency, tracking number, shipment details) that you mentioned in your previous mail so that I can track the delivery via internet.  Thank You Salman KhanFrom: best2serve [mailto:helpdesk@best2serve.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 11:06 AM
To: 'Sam'
Subject: RE: Delivery Problem 699043
 Dear sir Khan, We thank you for contacting Best2Serve.We would like to inform you that your order was sent to you on the 25th of july by postal services.We will order a resend by express for you.We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. Kind regards,Helpdesk Best2Serve Van: Sam <text deleted>
Verzonden: zaterdag 8 augustus 2009 18:54
Aan: best2serve
Onderwerp: Delivery Problem

Dear Sir/ Madame,

Please find attached the order I placed with Best2Serve online on 24 august 2009. The maximum period for delivery is mentioned in FAQs is 10 Days. The best2Serve deducted euros38.27 on 24 July and claimed that the delivery is shipped on 25 July.  Today is 8th August and no news about my DVDs. I tried to contact via the link on Best2Serve to register my complaint but it bounce back with the statement that the given address doesn’t exists anymore. There is no telephone number either. I am planning to contact the HP but before I needed to see if this last link (helpdesk) works. Therefore I am emailing you. Can you please track the shipment and tell me the name of the agency and tracking number of the delivery. I am desperate so please consider this as utmost urgent.

Thank you

Salman Khan

Its been more than 4 weeks that i am waiting for the recovery dvds. I strongly advice against cheaters and stealers such as Best2Serve. Is there any one from hp or outside hp that can help me? HP is part of this group because they show the direction for the recovery dvds to the innocent consumers. Shame on HP.

Salman

Message Edited by WendyM on 08-24-2009 08:08 AM
17 REPLIES 17
cairntro
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ive had a real hard time trying to sort this my self and managed to contact HP and complain that they recomended BEST TWO SERVE.to me ,well i think im managed to help u people out ther,contact HP on 02076600906,for some reason they can access  ure order number and even offer u ure money back,this takes about half an hour,but insist that HP recomended this company,good luck hope every one gets there stuff sorted out,ive been promissed my recovery disc within the next ten days from today,regards cairntro

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
best2serve
Level 3
51 51 0 1
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear 'cairntro',

As you've hopefully read in this forum, we also strive to solve any problems related to orders of recovery discs (or any other products for that matter). Although you are free to contact HP if you feel this helps to solve your problem, our helpdesk is more than willing to let you know as much as we can about the status of your order. This also includes providing you with a full refund if you feel that you do not want to wait any longer for the recovery discs.

I would like to note, however, that there is one single company that produces and ships the recovery discs throughout Europe (as soon as they can). Unfortunately there is nothing that you, we or HP can do to speed up this process, but I'm glad that your order will apparently be shipped very soon. For more detailed information about your specific order, please contact our helpdesk at helpdesk@best2serve.com along with your order number.

Michel

Best2Serve.com

== Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking the answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem. Do you have a question regarding an order you placed at Best2Serve? Use the FAQ/Contact system on our website www.best2serve.com or send your question to helpdesk@best2serve.com ==
maddiegibbs
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ordered a recovery disk about 7 weeks ago, after 2 weeks they told me they didnt have it in stock and it would be a week till i received it. They then took payment and blocked my email address so all mail sent to them now is returned. The contact number given also doesnt work and disconnects once you get through. This is fraudulent, and unacceptable that HP recommended them. I am still trying to get my money returned.

spikey6911
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well as a reply to your post. I ordered recovery disks from Best2Serve and received them within 2 weeks however when i tried installing the software I had an error that stated that it had not installed properly and that i should try again. I have tried repeatedly to contact Best 2 Serve with no reply. i have tried to contact them through their online website contact us website which reports my email address as spam. I have tried to contact them through other email address's directly to helpdesk@best2serve.com which comes back that my email address is spam. I have tried emailing contacting them on the phone using 02076609906 but the line does not exist. I have contacted HP tec Support and The general customer services email and I have never had a reply from them or HP. All I can think of is that they need to be taken to court to explain why they are offering a really bad service. And its HP that needs to follow this up as a serious matter. I for one will never buy from them again as they are so un-reliable.

Please Please Please HP Sort this situation out. It is in your power to get in contact with them for an explanation. You already have a bad rep for selling The HP Pavilion Laptops with Dodgy Graphics components. Don't make it worse by letting the people who have actually purchased products from you.

If anybody wishes to contact me further regarding this matter or to get a petition going then you may use my email address {Personal Information Removed}

Regards to everyone.

Phillip Milligan

Tags (1)
julez18
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot believe that this problem with the recovery cd's is still ongoing!!! i have noted that over 19,000 people have had this problem!!! yet HP will not A: fix this problem or B: supply you with a FREE CD which really they should as it is a problem with HP NOT MICROSOFT OR ANY OPERATING SYSTEM. I am currently in the process of trying to get a recovery cd for free as my computer is still IN WARRANTEE, not suprisingly it is impossible to talk to someone human about getting one to me.

****ON A DIFFERENT NOTE PLEASE READ****

Through tryin to restore my computer and get my data back....Unsuccessfully i may add. i have spoken to a technical support friend of mine who has managed to find a way OF STOPPING THIS HAPPENING AGAIN!!!! All you need to do is setup another profile on your computer....in the event the computer wont load your operating system, log on to the other profile. This will LOAD UP and you SHOULD be able to 1. get your data bk and 2. restore your computer so your primary account Works.

I hope this helps as i have not tried this myself but have been reassured it should work. ONCE I GET MY COMPUTER UP AND RUNNING i will do this, if i ever get it up and running....

if anybody has any information about how  to get the recovery cd with minmal fuss and money PLEASE let me know.

Julian

Lwr6560313
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have just purchased recovery package from Best2serve, when I have tried to perform the recovery procedure as stated in the leaflet I keep getting an error message 100a.  Unfortunately I have found it impossible to contact anyone for help as there are no telephone numbers available on the paperwork I received with the package.  I tried contacting them on the telephone number I ordered the product from and was directed to www.hp.com/uk/diagnostics as they were closed.  When I logged into the website I was still unable to get any help as the site did not recognise my S/Number.  I am feeling very angry as this package has cost me £74 and a whole day being passed from pillow to post, and still I am no further forward.  Is there anyone out there who could help.

BrettTaylor
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have now been waiting 5 weeks for my recovery discs to arrive and still nothing has arrived. I have sent 4 messages to them via their website and guess what not one reply... Best2Serve are the most incompetent, useless, shysters I have ever had the misfortune to use.

If you are reading this Best2Serve here is my Order Number 1200935 .... SORT IT OUT!!!!!!

best2serve
Level 3
51 51 0 1
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ Manii

There you've never received the ordered recovery kit we have issued a refund on the 15th of December 2009.

Guus

Helpdesk Best2serve

== Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking the answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem. Do you have a question regarding an order you placed at Best2Serve? Use the FAQ/Contact system on our website www.best2serve.com or send your question to helpdesk@best2serve.com ==
best2serve
Level 3
51 51 0 1
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cairntro,

Please note that Best2serve and HP are partners and therefor both Best2serve and HP call centers are able to access the orders placed by consumers. In case you never received the ordered recovery kit or you are having other issues with an order placed at the Best2serve website, please contact helpdesk@best2serve.com

Guus

Helpdesk Best2serve

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation