cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FM777
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Blank Screen instead of a Plotted Function

HP Recommended
HP50g

I just recently got my hp50g, and operate with RAD XYC DEC R=  ALG settings.  I experience the following when trying to graph functions.  When the function is, for example, y=x+1, it plots the linesometimes OK, and at other times not.  The same is true when I enter a Parabola like y=x^2+5x-6, I get more often than not a blank screen also; whether I zoom in or out automatically the functions do not show most of the times I try.  In RPN I get similat results.

I enter Files and delete all functions and parameter files, to ensure a new function plot is not confused with existing ones, but nothing seems to help.  This is very frustrating.  Nothing is written about problem in the manuals, which also leave a lot to be desired.

What are the right flags to set to work to ensure all functions plot all the time?  I follow the examples given in the manuals verbatim, and get the same blank screen.  Is there a way to trouble shoot problems like this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @FM777:

Welcome, to Forum !.:smileyhappy:

You needed, configure ...

PLOT WINDOW - FUNCTION (left white arrow + F2 (WIN))

H-View: -6.7             1.7

V-View: -15               5.0

The parabola, you can write, with ...

left white arrow + F1 (Y=)

PLOT - FUNCTION

Y1(X)= X^2+5*X-6

See, the image, of Wolfram Alpha ...

IMG_20160526_212944.jpg

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
FM777
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!  I got the graph, however, it is now off center; is there a way to center the plot?  Moreover, does this setting work for all function?

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @FM777:

Try, with ...

PLOT WINDOW - FUNCTION

H-View:   -25.                  25.

V-View: -350.238       2244.

In many cases, you needed adjust, the plot coordinates, in each case. Too, you can use AUTO (AUTOMATIC).

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
FM777
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again!  Is there a way to estimate the range on the x-axis, and then use the 'Auto' to establish the y-range for different functions?  I am trying to at least see the graph on the screen so I can then fine tune it thereafter.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, FM777:

The configuration, of coordinates, for plotting, are established, by the PPAR (Plot parameters).

You can see, in RPN and any F1 .. F6, as ... PPAR

1: {(-6.5,6.5) x 0 (0,0) FUNCTION Y}

Note: This video, has created, in Spanish Language, but, is very easy, for know ... 

HP 50G: Introducción a Gráficas de Funciones - YouTube

App. YouTube
Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation