cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Reifi
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Function keys keeps resetting to enable

HP Recommended
HP Omen Notebook PC 15
Windows 8.1

Hi, I've recently bought the newly released HP Omen and the function keys aren't working correctly for me. For my function keys or action keys i have it disabled on bios and in the HP Omen Control software they are also set to f1 as f1 and f2 as f2, etc so the secondary function shouldn't work unless i hold onto fn. But whenever I launch Dota 2, a game on Steam it always re-enables the function keys where pressing f1 causes the windows help menu to pop up. I've tried googling for solutions, but none of them has worked for me as it keeps resetting to enable whenever I launch the game.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

reifi, does this symptom only occur with DOTA2 (Steam client), any other application detects the same behavior?

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
Reifi
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It happens whenever I launch a game, I've tried launching different Steam games and the function keys reset. I also tried launching other games that are not on the Steam client and it's the same. But right now to overcome the problem I just use the hotkey to switch profile from the HP Omen Control to the profile where the keys are disabled and it works fine this way. It's still kinda weird how the function keys get reset though.

0 Kudos
hpomen
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have enocountered this problem as of today. My function key was not working when tried to be used. My windows key for some odd reason has taken the function of being the function key, while the function key lost all of its powers to work. However, when i went into Omen Control Panel and clicked on the Default Profile the function key started working again, and the windows key lost its ability to also be the function key. Further, this was only a Temporary fix as the problem occured again.

0 Kudos
Forte_Escape
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, i'm have fixed this issue by my way :D, you can contact me via email: [Personal Information Removed]

i will tell you how to fix it 😄

0 Kudos
mlyko
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Not just steam games, but any game. Sometimes it switches even just in windows but I couldn't find out what's the reason.

0 Kudos
Forte_Escape
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the way i fixed this issue,

1) Open CMD as administrator

2) do command: net stop HPWMISVC

3) do next command: sc delete HPWMISVC

This issue come from HPWMISVC Service, you must disable it or delete it, but P1~P6 key must be useless because HPWMISVC has been removed.

If you wanna change LED Color, you can edit from HP Control Ops and then run this file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP OMEN Control\HPOMENCMD.exe", finally you must restart PC to take effect. 😄

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation