cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Macpac48
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen Control macros not performing function.

HP Recommended
HP Omen 5011-tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My "p" keys on my HP Omen laptop are not performing some functions I have asigned to them. Basic ones work like ctrl+t and ctrl+tab, but others don't. When I try to assign ctrl+Windows key+ D, the button does not do what I have programmed it to do. The same happens when I try to do ctrl+Windows key+left/right arrows. Also, when I type these into key assignment, they appear as ctrl+5B for some reason. So can someone please tell me how to make these functions work, or when an update might roll out. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That would most likely be fixed by the same means as the Keyboard light issue.

Install the HP System Event Utility updated for Windows 10.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71716.exe

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Macpac48
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed the System Event Utility software a few days ago which fixed the Omen Control software being unresponsive. However the problem I posted earlier is still and issue even with updated drivers.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation