cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
james170482
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen - [Reviewed] General Help multiple issues

HP Recommended

I have also posted this on a different help request but the subject is misleading so a new post.

in fact i have had so many problems with this laptop, some times random BSOD with driver power state failure, some times constant every 5-10mins BSOD same error.

Now my battery says plugged in not charging at 67% my laptop is running like its in power saving mode so slow,

although when i unplug power adapter it goes back to a normal speed, but it wont take long for that 67% to run out and then what? 

Restored the PC about 3 times using hp recovery complete factory reset, done all updates windows and hp.

i've recently had remote assistance with a hp advisor whom said he would send me a new adapter because i have errors saying my adapter is not powerfull enough?

Although now i need to contact them again due to the not charging issues.

I have had this about 60 days and am thinking because the battery says its older( in hp battery check its says battery is 146 days old) that they have sold me a dud, a refurbished laptop.

I would like to return for a refund or a brand new machine , not a repair!

Although its been longer than 21 days its not that i don't like the laptop( its was nice the few hours of occasional normal use i have had ) its not fit for use.

I hope they wont hold the 21 day allowance over my head. i have been patiently trying to work through these issues for most of the time i have had this machine, and now i have work to do and need a machine that works.

EDIT

Well after spending the night in frustration i decided to have a closer look at the power adapter, because i didnt know when the replacement would arrive. after closer inspection i found the thin needle like pin inside the adapter was slightly bent( i have know idea how as this laptop is my pride and joy and not even a speck of dust can get near it ) after carefully straightening it slightly my laptop is charging again, and touch wood hasn't BSOD in the last few hours. so hopefully all my problem were due to a faulty adapter and when the new one arrives all will be good.

im happy again and the omen is back performing amazingly.

sorry for the rant.

3 REPLIES 3
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,631 44,408 7,157 12,696
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Always good to have a story with a positive ending. Thanks for the update. 

simonchoi72
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with the battery not charging. I struggled so long with BIOS update and all kinds of updates for my Omen. But then I realized that I felt some strange bending feel while ago when I plugged in power adapter cable on the back of my Omen. As I got the idea from above feed, then I started looking into the adapter connector end/jack(on the power cable side) detail inside. Noticed that the inside center copper pin has been slightly bent so I tried to straighten with small watch repair screw driver slightly. Then walla!!! the charging works back again and then I don't see no more "plugged-in, not charging" on the battery indicator on the windows task bar. It says now, "plugged-in, charging" with gradual battery chargning animation.

I think HP should improve power connector somehow in the future so that the small power connecter/jack can be more durable not easily bent inside anymore. For solution might be, some sort of magnetic type for getting pulled and connected each other(like Macbook power cable) so that there is no sophiscated wire bending issue anymore. Just for my thought.

0 Kudos
KiwiMal
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Similar experience after I noticed battery "plugged in, not charging".  One test said battery failure, replace. On board diagnostics said battery fine. Took off back panel, disconnected AC and battery, pressed power for 2 mins, reconnected battery and AC power, no fix. Then saw the post re bent pin in AC adaptor connection. Yup, Bent As! (see "Beached As" series on You tube for head-scratching Kiwi humour). Quick straighten and back charging normally. Very dodgy AC adaptor connection in my opinion; very easy to damage. Poor design. Poor HP support. Good luck meant a fix for me. Lucky as bro. Not bint anymore.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation