cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RockStrombo
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Omen Light Control issues

HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-022nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Omen 870-022nl PC and Omen Control does not save LED color settings when system is rebooted or shutdown (for example no color rotation, setting a fixed color or a tri-color combo).

My operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. Any way to fix this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,611 3,965
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RockStrombo

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the Omen Light Control doesn't save your light control settings,

Don't worry as I have a few steps and a YouTube video to help you out,

Here's the video to help you resolve this issue: Click here

For Advanced troubleshooting:

A user profile is a group of settings that are customized and saved for a specific game or player.

To create a user profile, complete the following steps.

1. Under Profile, click the plus (+) sign.

Profile1, along with a shortcut key combination for launching the profile, display in the box.

For details: Click here (if you've done exactly as suggested and yet the issue persists, reinstall the programs using the HP support site (Click here) and get back to me).

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
RockStrombo
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

thanks for answering, anyway I've a desktop PC and not a notebook version as you provided.

My current version of Omen (latest available) control doesn't have a profile saving feature, infact I think the PC version should autosave after closing since that option is missing. As You can see it on the screenshot (PC software).

Omen control for notebook doesn't work on desktop PC.

Hope there's another fix to this 🙂

Immagine.png

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RockStrombo

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time, efforts and the clarification.

I recommend you uninstall the Omen controller, restart the computer and then install the Omen controller for your keyboard,

Click here to download the latest version of the driver/software.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
RockStrombo
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RockStrombo

I appreciate the clarification and hopefully that's the final update 😉

We don't have many issues with these LEDs and hence have limited support for the same,

Here's all I could find about the Front LED controller and its settings: 

Click here to follow steps on the article.

If the above doesn't help, You might want to reinstall the controller followed by Contacting HP for further assistance:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation