cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Talksick
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Replacing PSU because I want to replace my GPU

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 810-005EG

Hello,

I recently bought a new GPU for my PC (of course after checking if it would be compatible) and everything seemed fine,till I noticed that the PC I have has a PSU with only 1 6 PIN for GPUs although the specs on this site show it should have "PCI-E-Stromanschluss (für High-End-Grafikkarten): 2" which translate to " PCI-E power connector (for high-end graphics cards): 2"  but when I checked in the PC it only had one and it was 6 pin which means that the "High end" part is either false or I misunderstood something

My question is which PSUs I could buyy to replace this one that would function with a MSI GTX1070(needs 2 power connectors 6 pin and 8 pin)

Thanks in advance!

*Since the PC was made in 2013 I guess the High end cards they refer to are those from that time but the GTX 980 ti also uses the same ones as the GTX 1070

3 REPLIES 3
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,697 830 1,559
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Talksick

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY Phoenix 810-005eg Desktop PC and would like to know the power supply specifications that should have come with the PC and which power supply could replace this one that would function with an MSI GTX1070 (needs 2 power connectors 6 pins and 8 pins). I'd like to assist you with this case.

I have checked the power supply specifications for your PC and found the below information:

• Form Factor: internal ATX

• Total wattage: 600W

• Nominal input voltage range:

• 100-127V (50-60Hz)

• 200-240V (50-60Hz)

• PCI-E power connector (for high-end video cards): 2

• Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)

• This power supply has an LED to indicate a possible failure condition when LED is off and power is connected.

• This power supply should have the following connectors: 20+4 Pin, 24 Pin, 6+2 Pin PCI Express (this one should work for the video card), 4 Pin 12V, 8 Pin 12V, SATA I,6 Pin Auxiliary, 4 Pin Peripheral, 6 Pin PCI Express

HP DPS-600WB A Envy 600W Power Supply New 633186-002

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Talksick
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

After I saw your reply I just unscrewed the PSU from my Case and checked all the cables.The PSU DOES have 2 cable though one is 6 pin and the other is 6+2 which is still enough for the GPU to run,but I ran into another obstacle which is the Chassis is to small for the GPU (It's my fault for not measuring the case size properly before getting the GPU).

Thanks for your help a lot.

I hope you can help me with my current issue though, which is that the Chassis i have has the MOBO mounted on the left side (so the GPUs fans are facing up) is it possible to get a chassis where the MOBO gets mounted on the right side? or do I have to stick to Chassis that have the left side Mount for the MOBOs.

Thanks very much again for your reply about the PSU,hope you can help me with this one too.

MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,697 830 1,559
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Talksick

You are welcome. 🙂

I cannot guarantee you 100% that such a chassis may be available. These chassis are designed as per the industry standards, keeping in mind the motherboard size, ventilation space, etc.

However, the chassis size depends on the motherboard size. This is known as the form factor. Your PC has a uATX (From factor): 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) (Source: http://hp.care/2ji8tOf)

You will need to contact a local reseller like Best Buy, etc. and check if they have such chassis available which meet your requirements. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation