cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SubChiefYocka
Level 1
6 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

windows update turned off by some program, why?

HP Recommended
Hp OMEN
Windows 8.1

Hi There 

I have recently purchase the HP OMEN (last week) and so far I love it!!

But I have this questin, I just installed this simulation program called LSDYNA. When I launch it for some reason it seems as my power plan changes but without changing the plan i am on if that makes sense. Before opening the program i am on Hp recommended and after it is opened i am still technically on Hp recommended but the brightness of my screen increases to max level (100%) and more annoyingly the windows update center is turned off so no automatic update whie I am using the program. 

Please could someone explain me what is going on? 

Kind regards

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yocka, it sounds like the power settings are changed by LSDYNA, might wanna check with their software developer.

Have you installed LSDYNA on another Win8.1 system before and observe the same behavior?

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
SubChiefYocka
Author
Level 1
6 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for your help 

I think I found where the problem emanated from. I had the total bitdefender2015 installed on the laptop and this software comes along with a user profile that allows itself to control a multitude of your computer behavior such power management. When LSDYNA is launched the program switches to the gaming user profile and all its settings.

Thanks again for your help.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation