cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jghiggs
Level 1
9 3 0 3
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post

worst customer service

HP Recommended

HP has far and away the worst customer service on top of having lousy software and lousy hardware. How is it they're still around?

Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25
mig9399
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Agreed, Several hours on cell phone trying to resolve a problem, I ended up buying an epson, and selling stock I had in HP. Four days later when they finally agreed that I had purchased the product, I am now waiting on a call back. It is not only the customer service but also the products that suck, did not even last 3 months.
Danh1354
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am disappointed that I am here but enough is enough. What has happened to a once great company? I bought a G62 laptop. 19 months later the hard drive stops working. HP tech support informs me that a replacement hard drive is not available. If I want to send the laptop to HP it will be fixed for $325.00 with refurbished parts. Almost half the cost of what I paid for the laptop in the first place. The laptop is here on the table with the hard drive out. I found a new one on Ebay for $89.00. I will install it and use the HP recovery disk. Does HP give a crap about any of this of course not. I have a 10 year old Dell that has given me better service. I will repair the HP and give it to my niece. For myself I will buy a new laptop from anyone but HP. I would have at least expected a deep discount on a replacement from HP if they really cared about my business. As I type this on my HP monitor, Print it out on my HP All in One Printer and my Son does his homework on the HP Laptop playing his video games on a HP monitor. So Long HP.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
DanceFiendStrap
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the printer that i have is fantastic. however their services are so god awful trying to sign up to anything HP related makes me want turn green and destroy everything around me, so god bloomin tedious its unbelievable. i have contemplated roughly on average 7 times per minute of throwing my HP printer out of the window and consider buying another product from a different company that actually delivers a GOOD eprinting service, that is easy to set up and one that actually WORKS!

0 Kudos
Savio399
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well U called up after 19 months ...the computer is out of warranty..

Wat do u expect!!!

0 Kudos
Danh1354
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are right I have unrealistic expectations that a laptop should last more than 19 months. Stocking a common replacement part that was used across the HP product line is unrealistic. Calling HP for help was unreasonable after the 12 month warranty expired. I wont even get into the problems with the all in one printer that has never functioned correctly. You have very low expectations for product support that seems to align with the current HP business model. This is not the HP of just a few years ago that on more than one occasion backed up their product and reputation with exceptional customer service. The disappointing financials and slash burn business strategy is taking it's toll on long term business viability. I am not longer going to be part of it.

GeorgeE
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought a Photosmart Premium 309g-m all-in-one wireless in Dec 2010.  My first call to tech support was in Jan 2011 after which my printer worked correctly maybe two weeks.  This sequence continued for the next year until the warranty expired.  The problem was that it would not print until I restarted the computer.  Then it would either print all jobs in the queue or pages of gibberish until it was shut down and reset.  I was told it was a conflict with Windows 7; I was told it was my computers fault, although other printers had no problem.  On my last call I was told I was out of warranty; true, I had over a year of no fixes and no function.  I was told that they could see by my records that the problem was ongoing; that they could repair, but would not guarantee the repair, if I paid a fee; that they suddenly had no record of any previous contact; that I should buy a different brand if I was unhappy with HP.  I reached out to corporate and was referred to an escalation manager, apparently just starting to study English, who refused to address the problem.  Perhaps my email descriptions and requests were not translated properly.  I'm going to email corporate agaain but I have no expectations of fair and honest treatment.  That has been abandoned by HP.

0 Kudos
IndoorScholar
1 1 0 1
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought a HP Pavilion Notebook 2 1/2 years ago. Since day ONE I was having problems with the laptop. I called HP customer services several times and the only advice they gave me was to reboot my laptop. I have rebooted my laptop 5 times (b/c that's what HP told me to do) and the problems persisted. Then I brought my laptop to a computer technician and he told me that the problems I was experiencing were due to a defective hard drive and circuit board. I wrote a e-mail to the CEO and talked to a case manager at HP.  They basically refused to fix the problem and told me there was nothing they could do. The also told me to buy another laptop. I told them I would make sure to buy a Mac instead of another HP. HP is by far one of the WORST computer companies. They do not care about their customers. They sell defective products and when you call customer support they are more concern with selling more products instead of fixing the problem. I used to hold high regards for HP; now I will NEVER buy another HP product ever again. 

lanpil
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hard drive died.  I replaced it, and upon trying to add my HP printer, I couldn't find the CD.  I downloaded the software from HP and tried to install. It failed. I don't mind that so much, however, ever time I reboot my computer now it keeps trying to install the software, with no way to stop the process as most software has (no cancel, or exit or...) It just keeps running. I would be fine with never seeing another HP product, but now my computer is infected with its defective software.  If I work through the steps in the failed installation, it just keeps rebooting my computer. I contacted HP, and they responded that I need to get an extended warrantee( for a fee). It probably would have taken HP technicians 10 second to diagnosis my issue and resolve it. Instead they have a comsumer who will  never use another HP product. As a large corporation, I'm sure they don't care.  That's OK, I do.

Tags (1)
dofff
4 3 0 1
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded the latest driver and lost a bunch of capability to scan documents with my printer.  HP tech support wants me to pay to get it back.  Never buying HP products again!

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation