Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-r124nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought my HP 15-r124nv one year ago. I liked the specs, they are good for creating music using daws. So i first bought my laptop, then my studio monitiors, after that my modular synth and finally my usb audio interface (steinberg ur22). Sound using asio shold be higher quality. With my laptop, asio is a lot worse than realtek hd audio driver. Sounds worse from the audio interface than the realtek driver.. This is rediculus. I saw a lot of posts about this, most of them used an hp laptop, but none of the other posts actually helped me fix the problem. This is really imporant i've tried everything nothing works. I need an expert from either the hp support team or someone who had and fixed this problem to let me know how to fix this. 

Tests i did:

I tried a different audio interface to see if it is the ur22 problem.. Sound sounds crappy from other interface too

tested my ur22 on a different pc with the yamaha asio driver. Sounds perfect.

Turned all of power saving settings in my laptop off. Problem remains.

(The sound with asio drivers in my laptop sounds like the sound is being through a heavy compression, but when i export the track, it sounds good and clean from another computer).

Any help would be appreciated thansk in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.