kinah120 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio Hardware not supported by IDT Drivers

Hi,

I accidentally uninstalled my IDT Audio Drivers. Now my audio does not work at all. When I go to install the drivers suggested by the HP Software Support section, the drivers display this message during installation: "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted".

HP Pavilion g6 - 2122he Notebook PC

Product Number:   B5A25UA

Windows 7 (64-bit)

11 REPLIES 11
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1373 1360 112 268
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First go to Control Panel=> Programs and Features=> Look for IDT => If you see anything related to IDT then uninstall it..

Then download the drivers from the link below and check...

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

kinah120 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are no IDT related programs because I mistakenly uninstalled it with the Program and Features. After checking again and downloading the file from the link provided, I still received the same error: "The Hardware detected is not supported by IDT Software package. The install will be aborted"

0 Kudos
frustratedenvy Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WOW that actually gives me hope as i have and envy 14 with the same(the hardware detected is not support by these IDT software package). i was figuring it was a hardware issue sence i cant see my sound card at all. I did complete system restor and still nothing hopefully they find us an answear here

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1373 1360 112 268
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update the BIOS and then try installing the Audio driver again...

Or, You can also run the HP Support Assistant and complete all the pending updates..That should install the latest BIOS. If you do not have HP Support Assistant then download and install the latest BIOS from this link:

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

Once BIOS is updated try to install the audio drivers again and let me know what happens...

0 Kudos
Machioco Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for all of these links and your helpful advice, I got exactly the same message as kinah120. Updating my BIOS did not do anything to the error message, and neither did your previous posts. I do not have any IDT related programs anymore, but unlike kinah120, I did not delete my Audio Drives from programs and features, but from devmgmt.msc (device manager) Also I am running on Windows 8, not 7. I deleted my audio drives on purpose because chrome was not giving me any sound, so I read a post saying that it would be good to delete my audio drives then reboot, and they would appear again, giving the person who made the post good feedback, and giving me my sound back... This obviously didn't work. And I am now pretty sure that it has got to do with adobe flash player, not my audio drives. Please Help me! Thank you for your time. ~Machioco P.S It has nothing to do with your audio drive download links being incompatible with windows 8. Trust me, I have downloaded a countless number of files with 'windows 8' written all over it, and THEY DO NOT WORK.
rollingst0ne Tutor
Tutor
12 12 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im having the exact same problem with my HP Pavilion DV7 4274nr.  I accidentally deleted the IDT Audio Codec from device manager and it took away the sound.  So i figured no problem ill scan for hardware changes or reboot and it will be back there, but it didnt. I even tried the sfc/scannow command from the evlevated terminal. So i scanned for hidden devices and so happens I had a AMD High Definition Driver installed also.  So I clicked -Update Driver-Browser my computer-Let me Pick from List-make sure show compatible list is checked and It had the driver in there.  Ok so when i go to reinstall the IDT driver from there its giving me an error about the co installer--blah blah blah.. so then I just tried to purge my system of IDT altogether and that deleted the drivers from there also.  If you dont delete the drivers from Programs and Features.. then they might work on your computer from just browsing the list.  However, mine arent registering there anymore since I deleted them from Programs and Features.  Now when I go to install the drivers from this site, I get the message about "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted". Now I am really confused.  But a temporary work around is to go to the UPdate driver-browse my computer-let me pick from list-and then chose the standard High Definition Audio Device til someone figures out a way to reinstall the IDT drivers.  The sound will not be loud trust me.  I had beats audio on here also I dont know if I still have it on here or not but I will see.  PS one more thing that I did not try yet is the DISM command in a elevated terminal.  You must be online for this to work : Open elevated command prompt (command prompt run as admin) type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth   or other options are /CheckHealth   - /ScanHealth.  I will continue to work on this issue myself and respond when I find a permanent soulution.  

0 Kudos
rollingst0ne Tutor
Tutor
12 12 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try this essential updates softpaq :  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61085.exe

0 Kudos
rollingst0ne Tutor
Tutor
12 12 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

oh yeah try to install the drivers manually instead of searching online.  No this doesnt mean download the .exe file aka softpaq and let it run.  I mean get a .zip program.. I use 7 zip personally.  Download the softpaq or the .exe file from the site and unzip it.  Preferrably into a new folder on your desktop.  When right click on the IDT CODEC in device manager and it asks you if you would like to do it manually click yes.. navigate to the new folder on your desktop.  Make sure the box is checked to include subfolders.  Im just trying things.. I have the IDT CODEC showing again in device manager but it doesnt have any information associated with it.   Plus its still giving me the "The device's co-installer has additional work to perform after installation is complete"  So when I try to install it using the .exe file its giving me the "This hardware doesnt support the software" message and when I try to do it manually its telling me that it has found the software, but it encountered an error while attempting to install it.. which is the co-installer has additional work to perform statement... 

0 Kudos
PeceK Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you parvez_tech. This helped me, and my audio on my laptop works. Keep up the good work. 🙂

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation