Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio jack not recognizing inputs

HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using an HP Envy x360 on Windows 10. The audio jack isn't recognizing any of the headphones I put into it. I've tried multiple headphones which have worked in the past and work on other devices. I've tried reinstalling my audio driver and restarting the computer with no luck. Any advice would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,474
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MickGirardot

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Envy x360 laptop and the headphones do not work on it. You have tried using multiples headphones and  they do not work. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the below steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a solution. Let's run a hardware test. Before you run this test, make sure you are using the correct headphones or headset jack connector. Refer to the Checking the headphones or headset section of this document.

• Shut the computer off completely.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) home page displays.

• Use the down arrow to select Component Tests, and then press Enter.

Figure: Selecting the Component Tests

Selecting the Component Tests

Figure: Component Tests options

List of the Component tests

Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete.

If the hardware test passes then you may refer to the steps from this link. These solutions are explained in detail in this document: http://hp.care/2bNqjW9

I sincerely hope this resolves the issue. Feel free to let me know the outcome. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MKazi

I really appreciate the help

Unfortunately when I ran the hardware test for audio it still did not recognize any inputs to the headphone jack. I'm assuming that means it's a hardware problem then, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,474
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MickGirardot

You're welcome. 🙂 Thanks for attempting the troubleshooting steps. If the headphone was connected during the test and if the test did not detect it then it would indicate towards a hardware issue. I recommend you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options. Please fill out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp to reach phone support. 

Do let me know if you're unable to reach phone support or of you need any more assistance. I'm always here to support. Thanks again! 🙂

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation