Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio jack not recognizing recording device

HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP Pavilion Notebook and I have connected the output of a mixer to the audio jack on my laptop using a wire that has 1/4 inch TRS (male) on one end and 3.5 mm jack (headphone jack) on the other. The problem that occurs is that when I check m recording devices it shows that there is nothing plugged in...

Recording device.PNG

however, when I checked the playback tab it displays this...Playback.PNG

Therefore I believe that my computer is detecting my mixer (which should technically be a mic/recording device) as an output/playback device.

For some extra information here are my specs...

Specs.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
78,166 77,574 9,537 20,649
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audio jack not recognizing recording device

Hi,

What is your HP Pavilion Notebook ?  I don't think it has a line-in jack but ONLY has headphones/mic combo jack and this jack is NOT a line in jack and it does not support stand alone microphone.

Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation