Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
04-25-2020 04:26 AM - edited 05-02-2020 03:00 AM
Product: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-ck0xx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The synchronization of the headphones, connected to the audio jack, with videos and music files does not take place immediately after opening them but 2-3 seconds later.
2 REPLIES 2
04-29-2020 08:28 AM - edited 04-29-2020 08:30 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- Do you have this issue while playing audio on speakers?
- Have you tried playing media on different players and check if the issue persists?
- Also, check with alternate earphones if available?
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
- If this issue started recently then please perform a Microsoft System Restore to roll back the laptop to a previous date when everything worked as expected. System restore will not delete any data.
- If the audio and video are still not in sync then let us uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers by following the below steps.
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Select Device Manager in the menu.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers. Right-click on each option inside it and select uninstall.
- Later please download and install the drivers from this link for the audio: www.hp.com/drivers
I suggest you update both your video card and the sound card from the Official HP websites for Software and drivers: Click here
Next, Try using the VLC media player (free download available here) or any other media player of your choice apart from the one currently in use and let me know if there's a difference.
(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
05-02-2020 03:02 AM - edited 05-02-2020 03:30 AM
Hi, I have already tried to proceed with the solution proposed by "Kumar0307", but the complication persists. The real problem is that there is no audio when opening a video or song for the first 2 seconds, only after you hear the sound; also, from the HP website for software and drivers, the option to update the video card and sound card is not available.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community