Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @LondonUser,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you are still having distorted sound while playing movies, don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

Are you trying to watch this movie online or Is it the one stored on your PC or playing this from a DVD?

Have you tried different applications such as VLC media player

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again,

I am watching the iPlayer/Netflix/ITV content so I don't get to choose the software, at least I don't think I do. I have noticed this also occurs when I'm watching downloaded films but I have not tried to use a different software yet. 

I have the latest driver installed, speakers are working fine, test results were positive etc. Literally no errors were picked up during troubleshooting. 

Thanks for your patience.

HP Recommended

@LondonUser,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

To confirm have you tried different applications such as VLC media player (free player).

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

It is important to know this in order to identify this issue.

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help once you confirm the above,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet,

I have downloaded the VLC player and set it up as default app and the problem still remains.

HP Recommended

Hi @LondonUser,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand you tried checking it on VLC player and it seems to have the same issue, I would suggest this to be a hardware issue, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet,

Got my case number and I'm being asked to ring a number in the US. I live in the UK so can I not be provided with a local number?

HP Recommended

Hi @LondonUser,

I am @DavidSMP. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeetsingh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. I understand that you require the phone# for the UK.

Please check this link for further assistance: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.