Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

SapphireGemstone2021 here once more, I'm still waiting for an response to my most recent reply to a HP Support Agent therefore I created this message to send an reminder that the problem isn't solved yet but still looking for the correct working fix for it.

STAY SAFE,

SapphireGemstone2021.

HP Recommended

@SapphireGem2021

Thanks for keeping us posted

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support in your region and a Support Engineer should be able to Remote in your Notebook and check this out

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! I found this after searching for a solution to the same problem, however, I have since found out that there is indeed a speaker at the top (just under the right hinge) but it hardly makes any noise and is horribly tinny. Bit of a silly design decision, might as well of done away with a third speaker but it's saved me mailing off the laptop to get nothing repaired. Hope I helped.

Edit: the rear/ third speaker is only tinny on low volumes, once it is turned up it is fairly usable.

HP Recommended

Hi sapphire, I am having the same issue on my Envy right now, bought it about two weeks ago, I do remember the fron speaker working but now only the rear-facing ones work, did you find any solution until now? Also, can you give me a link to how others have been installing other drivers to get the front facing speakers to work? Willing to try that out myself.

HP Recommended

Hi SapphireGem2021,

I am so sorry this has taken me so long to respond to. Life is hectic!

In the mean time, I have sent off my unit (the HP Envy 15 2020 model) for 2 repairs, for the speakers and other issues (mainly trackpad).

The first time, they completely ignored the mention of the front firing speakers in the repair notes, however, interestingly, this second time, I have received and email from an HP engineer saying that there is no speakers there?! Who to believe? It seems very odd to have those misleading grilles there?

Furthermore, I've spoken to a number of agents who have confirmed that yes there were speakers there, hence the unit being sent in for repair!

Either way, I'm not happy with HP, like you say producing laptops with this speaker issues, or designing laptops with misleading designs!

Regards,

Fabian.

HP Recommended

Hello.

I have been trying to figure out the same issue as this whole thread and the best answer I can come up with (after much extensive and frustrating investigating) is that the upward firing, or forward facing speakers are, in fact, working! I really hope I'm wrong, but if I am correct, then they are just really, really really bad. I listened to the same song several times in a row with different audio settings via the Bang and Olufson Audio Control app which can be searched in the bottom-left side of the screen on the taskbar. Anyway, I listened to the song with the app but each time I did, I changed the bass and treble and it seems that the front speakers just aren't nearly as strong as the bottom speakers which gives us the impression that the top ones just aren't working at all. If you turn down the song so that it's very quiet, you might just be able to hear them playing. The reason for this is that A.) they might not be that loud in the first place, or B.) similar to some car radios that split some parts of a song into different speakers (which gives a very immersive feeling), the speakers may be specialized for either more bass, treble, etc. 

I have to say, however, that I really am disappointed with how they designed the settings to manipulate the sound. I feel like a lot of us have been left kind of standing in the dark regarding how to fix problems like these. It feels like I've tried like four different ways just to get nowhere in trying to solve this issue and each way is just more and more confusing. HP could do us such a huge favor in just simply making the settings and options more customer friendly.

Anyways, I really do hope I'm wrong because we would all be disappointed with the quality of the speakers, but If I am correct, then I hope this reply helped you.

Also, I'm using a HP Envy x360 Convertible that has the front facing speakers on the sides of the keyboard. I'm not sure if we all have the same laptop so I just wanted to make that clear. I also have all available updates downloaded which also caused an issue for me before regarding the forward facing speakers, but I just felt like they never felt the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.