Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Uniprog. I've double checked in 2 places. On my HP Support Assistant that's what it says, and on my System information that's what it says too.Would a serial number help you ? 

HP Recommended

I have an Envy X2 also and the sound is horrible.  I tried to follow the instructions above and I too do not have the Enhancements tab so I can't get to the Loudness Equalization option.... are there other options to improve the quality on this machine?

These don't work for me

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'. 

Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'. 

Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Don't have an "enhancements" tab.

HP Recommended

Hello j_o. I understand you are experiencing sound issues. In order to assist you, I require a thorough explanation of the issue, and the following information:

1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

In the meantime, please follow the troubleshooting in this HP document and provide the results (at the end of the document it asks you to review another document, as well, based on your operating system): http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01289551

Please respond as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Mario,

1: 11-g010nr
2: win 8.1 32-bit
3. No
4. No

Thanks
HP Recommended

Thank you for that information. What were the results of your troubleshooting using the information I provided?

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi SuperMario,

I started this thread back in August and have reached the conclusion that the onboard sound card just isn't up to the job. I've followed all the advice offered on this thread and none of it works. I noticed my issue in August when I downloaded 2 films from Xbox Video, but found that the sound was so poor that the films were only just about watchable if there was no other noise. But trying to watch them on a plane or train was hopeless. Consequently my attempt at trying to convince my kids that HP was superior to Apple failed and they went back to watching films on the i-pad with no issue. I've not lost hope, but do feel so frustrated that something so basic can render an otherwise brilliant product so woefully inadequate that it's unusable in the market applications that it's aimed at.

Rant over. But if HP have found a solution to this since August then I'd be delighted to know.

KR

Bomber C.

HP Recommended
Mario,
The results? Nothing, of course.
HP Recommended

This may be an ultra-late reply...  But I agree that the Envy X2 has unacceptably inadequate audio volume.  This option may cost you a bit, but I decided to take advantage of bluetooth devices.

Bluetooth speakers (Namely the iHome block series, ranging from $30 to $100) and bluetooth headphones (sharper image, $40) are way, WAYYYY louder than the tablet itself or any speakers/headphones connected to its headphone port. I'm very happy with the iHome iBN24 stereo speaker set in particular.  It cost me $40, but they provide better sound quality than the $180 Beats Pill, and almost better than even my HP Envy dv7-7250us 17.3" laptop's Beats speakers. 🙂

Now I couldn't be happier with my HP Envy X2-g010nr. ^-^

HP Recommended

HyperChu: this is still a problem, so it's not an ultra late reply; and that's no solution.

Also, I just got a portable speaker for christmas (the Jambra Soulmate).  At max volume on both the speaker and the tablet, it's not very loud.  The speaker is twice as loud when connected to my phone.  It's the same whether I use bluetooth or cable.  This is frustrating and disappointing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.