Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

For some reason my internal microphone is not working. I have tried using the camera as a video no sound, tried online sites to test it no luck, reset the computer still no luck, and now im just lost. When i record a video i hear a clicking sound but there is no sound as far as the voice being recorded. I am at a loss at this point. I have an interview coming up and i cant get this too work!!!! help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Aimee14

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

20220220_113701.jpg

20220220_113656.jpg

 not sure which one you need 

HP Recommended

@Aimee14
Thank you for posting back.

That is not the correct product information? 

Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hopefully one of these will be what you are asking for

HP Chromebook 14, 14" Full HD Display, Intel Celeron N3350, Intel HD Graphics 500, 32GB eMMC, 4GB SDRAM, B&O Play Audio, Snow White, 14-ca051wm

20220225_154840.jpg

HP Recommended

@Aimee14

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

1. Open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
  5. Click Camera or Microphone.
  6. Turn to Ask before accessing on or off.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you turn off the Bluetooth and check if it helps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.