Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where Can I Get Drivers For My Compaq Presario Notebook pc win 7

Compaq V2000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I Have The Notebook Compaq Presario V2000 PC  it originally had Windows xp with service pack 2 on it, i upgraded it to Windows 7 Ultamate service pack 1   and now i need the main device drivers Like the Original Audio Drivers, Graphc VGA Drivers, I Went To The HP Support site But My System Seems To Be Outdated & There Are No Downloads Available. Can Some one Please Help Me Find The Drivers That I Need Quick? I Have No Sound Due To NO AUDIO DRIVERS  Please send me the download links for the correct drivers i need. 

2 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
8904 807 2316
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is not clear but is this the first install of Windows 7 on this PC?   If that is the case, then unless someone has actually done it, then open device manager for each of the devices that show no driver and get the Hardware Ids.  Then search for that device ID with Google to find the manufacturer and driver info.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
99060 13545 20896
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @JoeSoul :

HP has removed all support for that model and it may be hard to find W7 drivers for that model depending on the hardware it has.

Please post the hardware ID's for each device that needs a driver, and I will see what I can find...

To find the hardware ID, click on each device needing a driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the device window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list, and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation