cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation affecting CPU performance

HP Recommended
HP Envy 17t-j10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows Update recently installed the IDT HD audio driver version 6.10.6491.0 on my laptop. I am now experiencing performance issues. Task Manager shows "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" taking an unusual amount of CPU. I have searched the issue online and taken several steps to attempt to resolve the issue. I reinstalled the previous driver with no difference. I unchecked "Exclusive Mode" on Speakers property page with no difference. I am using an HDMI external monitor with no speakers so I disabled the HDMI audio. I have run out of options.

7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 959 2,206
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SteveC011,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.

I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY 17-1011nr Notebook and issues with the sound since an upgrade. This link is from Microsoft and it should help fix the sound.

Please let me know how this goes.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried to uninstall the driver and restart. There was no improvement. Also no improvement for using the generic driver. One thing I failed to mention before is that I notice the performance lag when running the game, Lord of the Rings Online.  I can't say it happens any other time but my other activities are not as performance sensitive.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 959 2,206
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @SteveC01,

I know you should only have 1 driver option open to you and I feel that you should disable the other in your Device Manager. 

This shows me that it is an old game. Seeing it only happens with this I would consult the On Line support. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have gone back to the most recent driver as installed by Windows Update.  This problem is not caused by a single application.  It occurs with other software running.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 959 2,206
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SteveC011,

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The update completed a couple of weeks ago.  I deleted the driver and reinstalled.  I have restarted my notebook at least 6 times a day recently to do the installs and recommended troubleshooting. I have also been talking to Microsoft too and they have had me run System File Checker, System Maintenance Troubleshooter, and a Clean Boot.

0 Kudos
Level 3
58 52 1 12
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After waiting for some kind of update or answer from HP for over three months, I did what I should have done three months ago and uninstalled Skype.  The problem has gone away, I have no idea why but those annoying fans are not whirring all the time now.  There is a perfectly acceptable web-browser based Skype and I now use that.

So, the answer seems to be - get the Skype Desktop app removed!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation