Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this laptop new when it was first released and didn't have any audio issues until about one year into owning it. then it started doing the audio fading out and back in loop. It gets so quiet that you can barely hear it. The audio will also fade from left to right.

The headphone output works just fine. It seems to be related just to the built in speakers.

After attempting multiple fixes from HP's support forum, new drivers, HP assistant, BIOS upgrade. I still had the problem.

Then, my hard drive failed, I installed a new hard drive and re-installed windows 10. Still have the Problem.

installed a new version of the HP assistant. It shows no problems with the audio. But i still have the Problem.

It seems that the only way anyone has had their audio problem fixed is by contacting support. so here I am.

What can i do to get this resolved once an for all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.