Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dv6 7028tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

recently my sons dv6 7028tx has lost sound. i have tried an number of drivers but finally found sp59654 which has also restored the "beats" sound console (which was missing and it is beats branded), however there is still no sound from the speakers OR via the headphones socket.
Then strange thing is, the sound DOES work if i use the same headphones plugged into a usd adapter.
when looking at the windows "Sounds --> Properties" the scale does move up and down in relation to any sounds.

is anyone able to offer any solutions to this issue please..

Regs Wayne

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this W10 IDT audio driver and restart the PC.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

Sometimes this driver will set the headphones as the default after it installs.

So, if you have no sound after installing the driver (assuming it installs), go to the windows control panel and make sure the PC speakers are the default output device.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, Thanks for the suggestion.
this driver did install but unfortunately it did not resolve the problem. i checked the default was set to "Speakers/HP..." but still no sound. i als checked with headphones but nothing.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.