Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 10 (239 Views)

2 days after updating bios notebook stop working totally

Product Name: Hp notebook 2000-2b09wm
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
actually i try to update all my drivers because i dont use my laptop from 6 months.
I update every thing From hp website and i see updating bios so i updated the bios from windows as HP put in the website.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00042629

Updating was right ,My notebook still working for 2 days. I was search on internet unpluged the notebook i let it working and get out from home 2 hours and back to find it stop totally. I pluged the charger the LED is working and charging battery but notebook not working.
I remove the battery press on power button 1 minuts and more, plug it with battery and with out but not working. No fan sound Nothing turn on.
Just LED is working and when i press power button its Blinks for 2 second but nothing happend.
Is that Motherboard damaged or ic charging? And why damaged if every thing was right ?
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 10 (216 Views)

Re: 2 days after updating bios notebook stop working totally

Hello @Mohnas,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the issue with the notebook not starting, and wanted to help!  I understand that when you start the notebook the LED lights will blink for 2 seconds.

When you try to turn on the notebook, how many times will the LED lights blink?  They should blink 1-6 times, pause, then blink 1-6 times again.  Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 10 (202 Views)

Hej
Thank you so much for answering me.

Actually i delay reply to be sure from somthing.

I was have just LED beside place charging in notebook give white color and LED of power button if i press it give me white Blinks for tow second and i try again and blinks again. No other LED working.

But after you ask me i want be sure from that
I put the charger , THE LED beside the charging place
was red !! So battery is charging but it was white before cause battery was full.
I press the power button BUT NOT BLINKS.
I let the charging to give me full battery ( white color)
Press button for 10 second and more But not blinks.
alas :-( .

What do you think, Motherbord problem or power.
what you advice me ... Thanks for help
Retired
Message 4 of 10 (199 Views)

Hello @Mohnas,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If the LED next to the charging port is blinking, that usually indicates an issue with the power.  What happens if you disconnect the battery, and try turning on the notebook, with the AC Adapter power alone?  Also, try reviewing the following documents, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Top Student
Message 5 of 10 (194 Views)

Hej
I will stay with HP forever because of this fantastic service . you answer me directly. Thank you.

For me i was test every thing before my notebook stop. I make test battery with hp support assistant.
And i check my charger on another notebook and its working and i borrow a charger have same Volts from my friend but the same result.

And LED next to the charging port is working right no blinking. Its give me red or white light its up to battery situation. So battery was cheked and charger.

And as i told you i try to torn it on with the AC Adapter power alone without battery but nothing happend.
And actually after i try every thing and nothing working i decide to contact HP forum.

And i want add somthing right now look what happend.
I unploged the charger just with battery i press power button. Every 7 second exactly the LED of power button blinks for 1 second i rise my finger and press again for 7 second its blink 1 second , i make this 10 times and its continue the same if i press more 7 second its give just one blinks no more.

But guess what !!

If i put the AC adapter with the battery or with out battery thin press power button NO LED nothing happend.
I repeat just with battery power button blinks every 7 second just 1 second, if i put the AC adapter power button will not blink.
and as i told you my AC adapter working on my friends laptop .
Top Student
Message 6 of 10 (187 Views)

Just to reminding when i let my notebook working and back after 2 hour find it not working.
It was unploged. Not connected to the charger .
Retired
Message 7 of 10 (184 Views)

Hello @Mohnas,

Thank you for the information!

Based on the testing that you performed, there seems to be an hardware issue with the notebook.  You may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 8 of 10 (177 Views)

Thanks a lot for helping i live in sweden.

So its hardware but last 3 questions :-)

1-Do you think its Motherboard problem or ic power
( somting connected with power).

2- did this happend because of updating bios while its still working two days after updating bios from windows.

3- do you think its right to flashing or update bios from windows as first way as in HP page down or i had to flashing bios from flash memory as the second way in HP page.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00042629
Retired
Message 9 of 10 (171 Views)

Hello @Mohnas,

It is hard to say if the issue is related to the System Board or not.  It is also possible for the BIOS update to cause the issue, but seems unlikely.  Unless the notebook was shut off, or something happened during the BIOS update.  Depending on the issue you are having with the notebook, updating the BIOS, can help to resolve the issue.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 10 of 10 (169 Views)

Thank you so much
if my notebook fixed , i will put post to say what it was the problem.

It was good experince for me to sharing this forum.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation