MatteoG Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After startup the fingerprint sensor is not available (does not blink) all the times-Windows10

HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I bought the laptop with Windows8 on it. At the time the login via fingerprint worked quite well, sometimes the sensor was not blinking and using it nothing appened...at the end of the day I had to use the login via password.

I week ago I updated my OS to Windows 10, since then the fingerprint login is not available any more (the sensor does not blink...)..let's say it works 5% of the times.

This is quite annoying. Do you have any suggestion

thank you in advance

Matteo

2 REPLIES 2
Intern
Intern
24 3 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After startup the fingerprint sensor is not available (does not blink) all the times-Windows10

humm not sure if i got it .. but if you upgraded your windows to 10 .. you need to re install the fingerprint driver i had this issue on my laptop i installed the latest driver and its working
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21228 1792 6728
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MatteoG

@AlaaAl90 has given you good advice.

You need a Driver that is at least rated for Windows 8.1.

Computer model does make a difference -- if your dv6 does not provide a Driver for Windows 10 / 8.1, you might be able to use the following:

sp58900 Validity Sensor V4.4.234.0 W8-W8.1

You may want (need) to update your HP SimplePass version to the latest available for your Series of the HP SimplePass program set.

There are two "Series" of HP SimplePass. 

NOTE:  These are not compatible programs; they were each written by different (competing) companies.  You cannot have both Series 8 and Series 6 HP SimplePass on the computer at the same time.  You can "Switch" series.

older AuthenTec HP SimplePass

sp63224 HP SimplePass V6.0.100.276 Win7-8

Use this version IF you were using it previously (before the migration to Windows 10)

AND

If you have an Export backup of your .tsd file (encrypted websites / passwords file)

NOTE about Export / backup:

• If you do not know what this means, you likely do NOT have an Export / backup, in which case you will need to re-enter your websites /passwords from scratch anyway. 
  • You should use Softex / Series 8 HP SimplePass in this scenerio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Softex HP SimplePass

sp75196_HP_SimplePass_V8.0.1.53A_W7-W10 32/64bit

Use this version if you were (previously) using any HP SimplePass in Series 8 (any version of SimplePass in the 8.x version series)

AND

IF you do not have an Export backup of your websites / passwords

OR

IF you do have an Export backup and the filetype (extension) is ".opi"

OR

If you have an Export backup filename.tsd AND you do not mind re-entering all your websites / passwords

=========================================================

If possible, you do want to use the Series 8 HP SimplePass program suite:

• Series 8 is supported (will be updated on occasion)
  • Series 8 is more likely to work in Windows 10
  • Series 8 can make use of newer Fingerprint Drivers (should such be available)

================================================================

Understand that before you can consider using HP SimplePass (any Series / any version), you need to have set up the native Windows fingerprint logon.  Windows (fingerprint) logon requires that you set up a PIN number as part of the login settings.

Once you have Windows (fingerprint) logon working, then move on to the HP SimplePass login procedure.

Reference:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

• Order of Events is important
  • Change Sign-In Options
  • Procedure - Update / (Re) Install HP SimplePass
  • Bits and Drivers

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation