AjitSahoo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update causes original PIN invalid

HP Laptop: Model: 15-ac103ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Initial Problem: Battery plugged in but not charging. 

Solution: I went to HP support forum and recieved instructions to fix this problem. For example, first try to uninstall the battery driver and switch it back on, it did not work, so I jumped on to the next step, that is to update the BIOS. 

After BIOS is finished or may be in the middle, the laptop shuts down, so I restarted it, now it is asking to enter a password, when I entered my password, it wont recognize it. Please help.

HP Laptop

Serial: [Personal Information Removed]

Product: P3X76UA#ABL

Model: 15-ac103ca

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,375 22,331 1,878 2,992
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AjitSahoo

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand after the recent BIOS update you are not able to go beyond the password screen,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt a power drain, to release excessive static from the PC that could cause such issue?

Is this the BIOS power-on password OR the Windows password?

While you respond to that, Let's start with a hard reset to release any excessive static on the PC: 

• If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown. 

• If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off. 

• With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer. 

• With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out. 

• Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power. 

Attempt to reset or recover the existing BIOS (if the recent update was interrupted): Click here 

  

Step 1: Verify the current BIOS version installed and the correct ROM Family SSID for your PC 

Step 2: Find the BIOS updates 

Step 3: Download and install the BIOS update 

  

For more details: Click here 

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Lori221
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot log into my hp laptop. It did a update and removed my pin from the login. There is no password setup. I cannot gain access to my hp

0 Kudos
3,687 3,604 214 578
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lori221

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation