10-15-2016 03:25 AM
There was BIOS password set and don't have now.
How do I reset the password?
Model: Compaq 2150p
Grately appreciate help from the community.
10-15-2016 03:43 AM
Try the following.
Shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and remove the battery.
Remove the rtc cell from the system board - see Page 57 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.
Hold down the power button for 60 seconds.
Leave the machine like this for a few hours, then re-insert the rtc cell, plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the main battery out for now ) and start the notebook.
Unfortunately, if this procedure doesn't clear the password, it probably indicates that 'Stringent Security' has also been enabled in the bios - if that's the case, there is no way of removing/resetting the password.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)