Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update taking too long

HP Envy 15x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have been installing the bios update for the past 5 hours and nothing it just says it's still installing and I know it doesn't take that long.
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update taking too long

Hi @Jperez0717,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you have tried updating the BIOS, but it has been doing it for over five hours and just displays installing. 

You are correct, a BIOS update should not take over five hours. I suggest you do a hard reset. HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. Once Windows starts normally check to see if the new BIOS version is installed. If the BIOS update did not go through, before reattempting the update, remove all peripherals such as external monitors, USBs, printers or external drives. Here is a link as a guide.  HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS.  Please let me know the outcome.

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation