Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dee69
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Big Time Lock Out

HP Recommended
My hp envy 112 started up in safe mode. The start up screen states wrong password. If I type my pw 5 times the screen wi say welcome then kicks me out and displays wrong password. It gives me no options to do anything on the screen. Locked Out ...Never be honest and tell your pc the power cord makes look fat. lol
3 REPLIES 3
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 953
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @dee69,

Thanks for the post, I see you are unable to login to your computer with the password. I would like to provide my suggestion.

Try this first: Use the HP Guided Solution:

Let us guide you through the solution

Microsoft account

Reset your Microsoft account password online. You can reset your password on any device connected to the Internet.

See the Microsoft password reset page (in English) to reset your password.

Local account

Use one of the following options to reset the password for your local account.

If you need help determining the type of account you set up on the computer, continue to Which type of account did you create?

For more details: Click here

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

dee69
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your help my pc is fixed.I had to use the option--- Acessing account when no other opt is available....Click Power. . .While still holding down the shift key ...click Power slect ..Restart while still holding down the shift key...As the Pc restarts ....Click ...Troubleshoot ...Click ..Reset this Pc. Thanks...Your Pc will reset to factory settings.
0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 953
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. 

Let me know if any further assistance is required. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation