Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios update failed recovery on infinite restart loop

HP Pavilion 15-e053ca Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hey all, recently my bios got corrupt somehow, so i tired the bios recovery process this is what it does 

1) writng new bios image

2)verifying new bios image 

says the bios system recovery is complete and restarts the computer and starts back at the same process again and agian pls help

thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,906
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you BIOS became corrupt and you tried to recover it. When you did the recovery you saw :

1.  writing new BIOs image

2. verifying new BIOS image 

3. BIOS recovery complete.

On the  restart, it brings you back to the same process. I would try a hard or forced reset.  HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. If the issue remains, here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS. Please let me know how it went.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried hard reset no result and resetting the bios doesn't work either.

I need to know if it has anything to do with motherboard problem or just a software issue
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,906
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @sathishasam1,

Thank you for your response. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎. Please let me know how it goes.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation