cancel
Smittyo624 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen after key sequence

So a few days ago after the Windows update I noticed my computer running slowly. I tried to do a reboot and I got a message that said that my computer didn't restart properly. From there I got an F2 messaging saying could not find my operating system. My hard drive was fine and it passed the test. I called Tech Support to try to figure out what was going on they had me do the key sequence where you press the Windows key and hold down the b or V button after that my screen went completely black has stayed like that for the last few days. Before i could at least reach the BIOS page. Now  I can hear the fan going I can see lights blinking , the caps lock blinks 4 times. 2 times slowly then 2 quick blinks but that's about it. I got this laptop almost 2 months ago so there's no reason why I should have issues already. I have no idea what the key sequence did but ever since then I have not been able to use my laptop what should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,929 9,755 657 634
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen after key sequence

@Smittyo624

Welcome back to HP Forums

I have gone your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have sent you a private message. Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation