cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Black screen on boot and BIOS isn't loading after installing Windows over Linux

HP Recommended
Pavilion tx2500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So here's the problem, i have Pavilion tx2500 with a new hard drive 750GB wich had linux on it.

I've installed windows 7 over linux, after installation completed it got me staight to login screen and requested password which i actually didn't set. I wans't able to log in, tried to restart, same thing.

Then i restarted again, this time i had no bios loading screen, no windows loading screen ofcourse. So now i have no video and only numlock is flashing with a period 4-5sec, caps isn't. Hard drive indicator isn't flashing at all, every other one is lit. Wifi indicator is red. Fan is working as well.

Please help, i've tried some stuff like bios reset or switching ram modules, also tried connecting external monitor, nothing helped.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fixed my problem by covering the notebook with a warm sweater at the ventilation holes and running it and letting it to overheat a bit (about 20-30min), so something happend and it started well.

Problem solved for now.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation